Welcome To Brighton Memorial Chapel, Inc.
Rochester's Jewish Funeral Home
TO VIEW A LIVE WEBCAST PLEASE VISIT THE INDIVIDUALS MEMORIAL PAGE BY SELECTING THEIR NAME TO THE RIGHT.
We have compiled information of interest for the Jewish Community of Rochester. With this in mind, we present a website that should provide you with:
- Information about our funeral home, including directions, an up-to-date schedule of funeral services, pictures of our facility, and a funeral email notification system.
- Detailed death notices, and a way to communicate with the families we serve via an e-condolence. CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR EMAIL NOTIFICATION LIST.
- A secure interactive form to request additional information, Yahrzeit calendars and a way to communicate with the funeral home.
- A detailed resource of Jewish funeral customs, prayers and meditations, monuments, as well as a list of local Jewish resources.
- And our NEWEST feature, being able to offer the option to watch a funeral services held in our chapel online if family or friends are not able to attend.
Please feel free to browse our pages to learn more about pre-planning a funeral and grief support, as well as the traditional funeral and cremation services that we have to offer. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at anytime, We are available by phone or e-mail, or by appointment. Please know we are always here to help.
Opened as an alternative for our community, it is our mission to provide the Jewish population of Rochester with an affordable, modern and convenient choice at a time when the need is most important. We pledge to utilize our local ownership to offer a dignified array of services to Jewish families, and give back to the community we live in and serve.
Large corporations answer to shareholders and investors. We answer to YOU – the members of our community. In our locally owned, single facility company, there are no pressures to increase profits or grow to other communities. The owner, Jarrod M. Krieger, is a life-long resident of Rochester, committed to the community he lives, works, volunteers, and is raising his children in.
We encourage you to arrange a meeting to view our facility, meet our staff and discuss your funeral needs. You are NEVER obligated to use our services.
Tuesday, August 20, 2019
Monday, August 19, 2019
Saturday, August 17, 2019
Saturday, August 17, 2019
Friday, August 9, 2019
Sunday, August 4, 2019
Friday, August 2, 2019
Wednesday, July 31, 2019
Sunday, July 28, 2019
Wednesday, July 24, 2019
News & Events
We are proud to announce the purchase of the Parsky-Levy Memorial Chapel. The sale officially took place on June 26, 2009, and we would like to thank the Epsteins and David Levy for a very smooth transition.
In the past four years, the community has had a choice between two exclusively Jewish funeral homes. The competition was healthy for the Jewish community. But in the end, from a business standpoint, it became clear that two separate Jewish firms could not survive. The Epsteins approached us, and asked if we would have an interest in purchasing their Rochester location. This past spring we mutually agreed for the sale to go through.